Since OS X Mountain Lion, Macs now have a feature called 'GateKeeper', which is designed to only allow you to download and install apps for the Mac App Store. This can be limiting for many users, so here we explain you how to enable the installation of applications on your Mac that are not from the app store.
If you receive this error when you try to open our course:
Follow these steps:
1. While holding down the control key on your keyboard, click the application's icon once to make a dropdown menu appear.
2. Select Open from the menu. A new window will appear.
3. Click Open in that window to launch the application.
You should only need to do this once per application, on the first launch. After that, you'll be able to launch our course any way you like. Enjoy our course!
If you continue to receive an error message or are not able to open the app by clicking on it, try this method to deactivate GateKeeper:
From the Mac menu, launch System Preferences and click on it.
2. From here click on the Privacy & Security icon in the top row.
3. Then select the General tab once inside Privacy & Security.
4. If everything is grayed out, click on the lock in the bottom left hand corner and type in your administrator password. This will allow you to make changes to your settings.
5. Enter your username and password into the prompt that appears and click Unlock.
6. Under the section labeled Allow applications downloaded from:, select Anywhere. On the prompt that appears, click Allow From Anywhere.
6. Exit System Preferences by clicking the red button in the upper left of the window. You should now be able to install applications downloaded from the internet. Double click on The Logic Behind Music app to open the course.